Are you one of the countless individuals who find themselves suffering from chronic headaches that disrupt your daily life and overall well-being? The throbbing pain, the inability to focus, and the constant discomfort can be truly debilitating. We understand how excruciating and frustrating this can be, and we’re here to help.
At Varai Med, we empathize with your pain and are committed to addressing your unique needs. Our holistic approach is designed to not only alleviate your headache symptoms but also identify and treat the underlying issues contributing to your discomfort.
If you ready to regain control of your life and find lasting relief from these headaches, we invite you to take the first step towards a pain-free future by scheduling a complimentary consultation with our experienced chiropractic care team.
Say goodbye to those persistent headaches
Schedule an appointment today
Chiropractic Adjustments for Migraine Relief
Migraine headaches are often characterized by severe, throbbing pain, often accompanied by other distressing symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound. These debilitating headaches can significantly disrupt a person’s life, leading many individuals to seek effective treatments beyond traditional pain medications.
Chiropractic adjustments offers relief for migraine sufferers by addressing the underlying causes of this recurrent, intense headache. The focus of an adjustment is on the musculoskeletal system, particularly the spine, to promote overall health and well-being.
Misalignments or subluxations in the spine can lead to nerve irritation and disturbances in the nervous system. When it comes to migraines, spinal misalignments can contribute to increased stress on the nervous system, potentially triggering migraine episodes. Our chiropractors, through a combination of spinal adjustments, massage, and other specialized techniques, work to correct these misalignments, reducing the pressure on nerves and facilitating better nerve function.
In addition to chiropractic adjustments, we may also address other potential contributing factors to migraines, such as muscle tension and posture. We provide patients with guidance on lifestyle modifications, including exercise, nutrition, and stress management techniques, all of which can play a crucial role in reducing the frequency and severity of migraines.
Different Types of Migraines and Headaches We Treat
- Migraine without Aura: Also known as common migraines, these are characterized by moderate to severe pulsating head pain on one side of the head, often accompanied by nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light and sound.
- Migraine with Aura: These migraines come with specific warning signs, such as visual disturbances (flashes of light, blind spots), tingling sensations in the limbs, and speech difficulties, followed by the typical migraine symptoms.
- Chronic Migraines: Occur when a person experiences migraines on 15 or more days per month for at least three months, with at least eight of those being migraines.
- Episodic Tension-Type Headaches: These are the most common type of headache and are characterized by a dull, aching pain on both sides of the head. They can last for a few minutes to several days and are often triggered by stress.
- Chronic Tension-Type Headaches: When tension-type headaches occur for 15 or more days per month for at least three months, they are considered chronic.
- Cluster Headaches: Intensely severe headaches that occur in clusters, usually at the same time each day or night. They often involve excruciating, sharp, and one-sided pain around the eye and temple, along with other symptoms like nasal congestion and tearing of the eye.
- Sinus Headaches: Typically caused by sinusitis or sinus infections, these headaches are often accompanied by pressure and pain in the cheeks, forehead, and around the eyes.
- Menstrual Migraines: Occur in relation to the menstrual cycle and are often more severe in the days leading up to or during menstruation.
- Pregnancy-Related Headaches: Headaches can be influenced by hormonal changes during pregnancy and may vary in intensity.
Caffeine Withdrawal Headaches:
- Caffeine Withdrawal Headaches: Can occur when a person abruptly reduces or discontinues caffeine intake, leading to throbbing, often one-sided headaches.
- Exertional Headaches: Triggered by physical activity or exertion and typically last a short duration.
Treating Headaches with Massage Therapy
Massage therapy is a highly effective option we use to provide relief to individuals suffering from tension and stress-related headaches. These types of headaches are often the result of muscle tension and knots in the neck, shoulders, and upper back, which can lead to increased pain and discomfort. Massage therapy targets these specific areas, aiming to release tension and promote relaxation.
Our massage therapist employs various techniques such as kneading, stretching, and deep tissue massage to improve blood circulation, reduce muscle tightness, and enhance the body’s natural pain-relieving mechanisms. By doing so, it stimulates the release of endorphins and reduce stress hormone levels, effectively decreasing headache intensity and frequency.
The overall relaxation and stress reduction achieved during a massage session can be particularly beneficial for individuals who experience tension headaches, as it helps to address the root cause of the problem.
If you suffer with chronic migraines or headaches in Duncan, Lawton, Marlow, Comanche, Velma, or any city in Oklahoma, call our office at (580) 252-1064 to schedule an appointment.